Pages

Monday, July 16, 2012

Things don't always go to plan

Ok, so on the very same day that I was determined to stick to eating my home cooked meals, I was the one that caved at dinner time when I had an intense craving for a steak burger from the local  fish and chip shop. Can I use the excuse that I am sick at the moment and well... that sucks really excuses won't get me anywhere....

Though in my defense I kind of feel like I set a goal but another one got in the way... exercise. I sit on my bum all day so I don't get a lot of it, in fact the extent of it might be climbing two flights of stairs to where my office is every morning. If I do all the naughty things like sit a my desk while eating lunch and not leaving my desk all day, then the amount of exercise I do is almost zero.

Yesterday I was in the middle of battling a bit of a cold but I came to the realisation that I could stop my nose from running if I got on my exercise bike, so I did. I rode for an hour and it felt great, I felt like I had detoxed my body of all the evil stuff. Unfortunately as soon as I got off the bike my nose started to run again and when I woke up this morning I still felt horrible. As the day went on I started to feel a little better, and this strange desire inside me was pushing me to get on that exercise bike again, and I did, for another hour and once again I felt great.

So it seems that I have a new goal for the moment, to get on that bike every day for the next month. I still want to keep an eye on my eating habits, maybe try and eat more protein to keep my energy levels up. But exercise is my focus for now. And while things don't always go to plan, that doesn't mean that it has turned out for the worst, either way, I benefit by positive change :)

No comments:

Post a Comment